Wednesday 9 April 2014

H... is for Humour

I have a thing for darker themes and plots; humour doesn't really appeal to me. I understand that it is an important part of any story and its presence is sometimes not optional. But I don't know how to read books or plays that are pure humour. Does one approach them with a light heart and a mood to laugh?
Fairly recently, I reviewed a book whose genre can be described as humour. Read my review here. I enjoyed it quite a lot, but I would never have picked it up on my own. Do you read humourous books? Is laughter the best medicine? Which ones would you recommend?  
*****************************************************
This is the eighth post for the April A-to-Z Blogging Challenge 2014.
Previously, Archaism, British literature, Critical Analysis, Drama, Edinburgh, Faust, Gothic Fiction

3 comments:

Sherry Ellis said...

I think humor is only effective if it matches your own.

S. L. Hennessy said...

I prefer a bit of a dark and twisty humor myself. Like the play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. It's dark humor.

Tony Laplume said...

I love humor. (Maybe it's better without the extra "u"?)