Monday 30 April 2012

Z

Z is for 'Zhivago'.
I love Russian authors, I love the way they write. I'm fascinated by their lifestyle, their cold cold days and lands, their women, their courage. I'm still reading Dr. Zhivago. But I'm already in love with it. It begins with a funeral scene, a small boy, and his uncle. It goes on... with the Russian Revolution as a backdrop. Did you know that the author was awarded the Nobel? And did you know he refused it? I'm looking forward to keep at reading it and trying to find a way into the author's head... all those years past...

Everything Russia seems... cold and blue


I'm writing every day of April for the A-to-Z April Blogging Challenge 2012. I'm writing of characters of fiction that are immortal and touch hundreds of lives everyday...

PS: Ladies & Gentlemen, it has been a real pleasure being on this journey with you!

5 comments:

JoJo said...

I've never read or seen this. I like some of the soundtrack though.

I was talking w/ my best friend last night about Russian literature and I told her that I like to describe Russian lit, in my bad Russian accent, "Nikita the dog lies dead by the hearth". lol

Udita Banerjee said...

That's so mean! And so awfully funny, rofl. That's exactly what they sound like!

chris said...

congratulations on completing the A-Z challenge! pretty impressive alphabet you've got!

Udita Banerjee said...

Hey, you dropped by! Thanks, and I'm glad to see you're back; bird, camera, and all :)

Arlee Bird said...

Never read the book. I need to see the movie again since it's been years ago.
Congratulations on finishing the A to Z.


Lee
A Faraway View
An A to Z Co-host blog