Saturday 28 April 2012

Y

Y is for 'Yossarian'.
Catch-22 has been the bane of my reading life. Never have I tried so many times to read a book and failed. The worst bit is that i have been recommended this book my so many many people that I know and readers that i respect that I really want to read it. But I just can't! It is so frustrating. Yossarian is the principal character and I wrote about him here because I need inspiration to read about him in this strange book which doesn't follow a proper timeline of events!

A Catch-22 for me!


I'm writing every day of April for the A-to-Z April Blogging Challenge 2012. I'm writing of characters of fiction that are immortal and touch hundreds of lives everyday...

10 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm with you on that book. Can't get through it. Hello from A to Z.

JoJo said...

That's like Moby Dick with me. And also Gulliver's Travels.

Nelson said...

Hello! My first visit, will visit you again. Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts( really interesting blog). Would be great if you could visit also mine...Thanks for sharing! Keep up the fantastic work!

Unknown said...

This is such an interesting theme--I must try and look up all your A-Z posts!

Tony Laplume said...

This is one of my favorite books, easily.

Sonia Lal said...

I am with you on this book. I had a hard time reading it, too.

Sonia Lal @ Story Treasury

Catherine Stine said...

Hahahha, I feel your pain. There are just some classics that fail to capture one's imagination or attention. For me, it was Moby Dick, which tortured me in 11th grade Lit. The irony is that now I teach lit part time. But I would NEVER subject my students to Moby Dick.

Udita Banerjee said...

@Susan, Sonia: Hmmm, same boat then
@Tony: I KNOW! So many people, so many good sane readers say the same!
@JoJo, Catherine: I LOVE Moby Dick, sigh! The travails of reading :)
@Damyanti, Nelson: Thank you!

Betty Alark said...

Catchy name for a book! Sounds intriguing! I've been there myself- not being able to get through a book- so I can relate.

Trekking by during the A-Z challenge! Pleased to have trekked your way!

I am also your new follower!

Love to have you stop by my blog and perhaps become a follower of mine!
http://bettyalark.blogspot.com

Udita Banerjee said...

@Betty: Try and pick it up, supposed to be really good! Thanks for visiting!