Monday 21 February 2011

Void.

I lost a very dear friend three nights ago. Sarbatrik (known to all of college as Sabby) died on the spot of a car crash, drunk driving. Sabby was a vocalist in Anamol’s first band. The first time he was asked about me, he’d said “She seems to be a very nice girl…” and he’d never made me feel otherwise. When asked to leave the band in third year, he’d messaged Anamol… “Keep on rockin’ in the free world guys…” He’d read “One Hundred Years of Solitude”. Off the top of my head I can remember only that much…


The rest is a dull dull ache, he was a nice guy. Nice people don’t die, they mustn’t. He was a friend, how can someone die on their friends? Sabby sang “Stairway to Heaven” and he gets to go there, I’m sure… This here is his last post on FB.



He ran away… and left us all a void. Life’s a bitch, I HATE this feeling of loss.

4 comments:

Pre_Dator said...

I've always been an ardent believer of everything transpired having a purpose.. and then it comes to things like these.. shattering our customized framework of 'purposeful' creed..

Udita Banerjee said...

I'll stick to "Life is a bitch".

Sujata Ravi said...

Life is a bitch, and this kind of thing thing happens too often in Manipal, of late. Really sorry for your loss.

Sujata Ravi said...

Life is a bitch, and this kind of thing thing happens too often in Manipal, of late. Really sorry for your loss.