Saturday 17 February 2007

Musings

Finally, I’m here. In the world of 18 year olds….. it always felt like a milestone. But now that I’m actually here, it doesn’t seem all that great anymore. It feels like autumn today, as if the winter I was waiting for is not so different after all. Its just an extension of the times of fallen leaves and hues of yellow. The days are blending into each other and even as I stand on the threshold of adulthood, I feel I’ve seen all this before…. This wintry sunshine, the lost foliage, the heather that still awaits its time to peep out of its slumber….
I suddenly realize that spring is yet to arrive , that try as I might, being 18 will never be spring, the warmth of the embrace of life will take its time to come. it wont be hurried by a moment of transition from 17 to 18. I wait, with bated breath, because I’d like to believe that one day, the blend shall happen again, that the white of winter will give way to the magenta of spring……
Its reassuring to have something to look forward to. Maybe that’s why they finally admitted, I sound 18…… I’ve been here before, they just wouldn’t admit it…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

''no matter how cold the winter...there's a spring time ahead...''

yeah you're just like me...wanting to go down a road not taken by many but everytime that we do...we feel like we've been there before...and my mirror doesnt show who i am...it tells me who i should be...

questions and answers and riddles in our heads we wish we would understand...but we dont want to...and there lies the basic problem...

welcome to adulthood...r u feeling like a puppet already?

-aazar